Can you help deliver nature to letterboxes across the North East? We’re looking for friendly and energetic to help with our members’ magazine and mailout.
About this opportunity
Do you like getting out and about in the fresh air, keeping up your exercise levels and contributing to a team effort? We are looking for friendly and energetic volunteers to help us with our magazine and publication mailouts.
As a Mailout Support Volunteer or Deliverer, you’ll help NHSN distribute our magazines and journals to members across the region.
We send our magazines out three times a year and have around three or four morning or afternoon sessions each time for our Volunteer Envelope Stuffers. Whether you help with one session or more is completely up to you.
Volunteer Deliverers can collect their envelopes and carry out this role at any time once we have once we have your pile collated.
Filling envelopes at our organised sessions at the Museum, comprising our North East Nature magazine, a personalised letter and sometimes our Journals too – these are friendly group sessions with tea, coffee and snacks provided.
· Advising NHSN of any streets or postcode areas where you are able to hand-deliver our letters
· Collecting your collated pile from either Great North Museum: Hancock or from Gosforth Nature Reserve
· Hand-delivering the letters
· You will be friendly and love to chat and meet new people
· You will be organised and able to work accurately
· Envelope stuffers will enjoy participating in a team activity with drinks and snacks provided
· Deliverers will enjoy a good walk around their chosen area with an added purpose
· You’ll be enthusiastic about wildlife, natural history and the wider work of NHSN
What the role will do for you
· You’ll meet new people, make new friends, and form part of a diverse team, passionate about nature
· You’ll meet naturalists from all walks of life – sharing their knowledge of the natural world
· The health benefits of the exercise involved are an added bonus!
This is a wonderful opportunity to help NHSN achieve its vision of engaging more and a wider range of people with natural history.
Interested in volunteering with NHSN?
If you’re interested in becoming a Mailout Support Volunteer or Deliverer, we’d love to hear from you.
Please get in touch today – we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.