Team Days at Gosforth Nature Reserve
Reconnect your team with nature on a bespoke Team Away Day at Gosforth Nature Reserve
Reconnect your team with nature
Looking to escape the office and enjoy time outdoors with colleagues?
Whether you’re looking to build bridges with coworkers, reset or recharge, we are pleased to offer bespoke team days at Gosforth Nature Reserve. Suitable for groups of up to 30 and tailored to your needs, these provide the perfect opportunity to relax, unwind and enjoy nature.
Gosforth Nature Reserve is a wildlife haven and quiet oasis located on the outskirts of Newcastle. Supported all the way by passionate NHSN volunteers and staff, you’ll explore this fantastic local resource to your heart’s content while enjoying exclusive use of on-site facilities for your day. This includes a dedicated outdoor space complete with a pond.
With accessible toilets, a kitchenette, free WiFi, and a TV with HDMI connections, the reserve’s Field Studies Room provides a flexible indoor space for your event. With this and the reserve at your disposal, indoors and out, whatever the weather, you’re sure to have a great time.
- Team scavenger hunt – We’re all children at heart. Join the hunt for natural curiosities and enjoy some friendly competition with colleagues. Better still, you’ll also construct your own nature table on your return!
- Guided nature walk – a guided tour of the reserve with an NHSN Naturalist, perfect for groups looking to enjoy the reserve’s wildlife.
- Insect Bioblitz – From bees to ladybirds, grab a net and get to know the reserve’s smallest residents in the company of a friendly guide.
- Relaxed birdwatching – Relax and unwind with exclusive use of three on-site bird hides where you can marvel at the reserve’s feathered residents.
There are four gendered toilets and one accessible unisex toilet in the Field Studies Room. A kitchenette is available for self-catering events and an outdoor sink allows for washing of field equipment and boots.
An on-site TV with HDMI connections is available to all groups, allowing presentations to be easily shared, and free WiFi is available for all visitors. Blackout roller blinds are also installed and white board flip chart is provided.
Equipment for activities will be provided, though the quantities needed will be discussed in advance.
The Field Studies Room is fully accessible thanks to a wide access ramp complete with hand rail. The room’s unisex toilet is also fully accessible ensuring everyone has access to vital facilities. Access to the wider reserve is variable, though several tracks and hides are suitable for wheelchairs. Organisers will be invitied to a site visit to assess this in advance.
Tables and chairs can comfortably seat a maximum of thirty adults in the Field Studies Room. Room layout and seating is fully customisable and can be arranged in theatre, classroom, boardroom or standing-only format. For larger events, additional seating may be required. Numbers will be discussed in advance.
NHSN is pleased to provide tea and coffee to welcome groups and can provide cups, flasks, crockery and other essentials. It is important to note that we do not provide catering but are happy to provide details of local companies who do.
Team Days start from £400 for a full-day event. For smaller events, charges may vary. Please get in touch using the details below.
- 9 am – Welcome, teas and coffee provided
- 9.30 am – 9.45 am – Introductory talk from NHSN (optional)
- 10 am – 12 pm – Morning activity
- 12 pm – 1 pm – Lunch
- 1 pm- 3 pm – Afternoon activity
- 3 pm- 3 pm – Final words and reflections
Book your Team Day
To book your own Team Day at Gosforth Nature Reserve, please contact James Common at email@example.com.
If you have any questions prior to booking, please contact us at 0191 208 2790 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d love to hear from you.
If you would like to visit the Field Studies Room or reserve in advance, please get in touch. We’re happy to help.