Student Award Scheme
Thanks to the support of NHSN members, our Student Award Scheme helps early-career naturalists develop their skills in conservation.
Build your skills in natural history
Through our Student Award Scheme, you’ll development key skills relevant to a career in conservation.
Take part to discover new opportunities in fieldwork, research, rangering, and communications. You’ll also make the most of a range of networking and mentoring opportunities alongside friendly NHSN experts.
We’ll do our best to tailor your experience – providing opportunities in the areas that matter most to you.
Involvement in the environmental field has never been more important, and we understand that this has made the sector incredibly competitive. Now more than ever aspiring conservationists must set themselves apart from the pack.
This is exactly what we hope to achieve by providing students from local universities with the skills necessary to advance in their chosen field. In doing so, we can make sure that North East nature is held in safe hands over the years to come.
Sign-up to our Student Award Scheme today to build your skills in conservation, meet new people and learn from local experts in natural history.
Contact us below to register your interest – we’ll provide eveything you need to get started.
What we’ll do for you
- Access to Gosforth Nature Reserve – a wildlife haven on the outskirts of Newcastle.
- Formal recognition of your dedication to natural history and a potential academic reference.
- Opportunities to conduct talks, lead activities and carry out dissertation projects at our reserve.
- The opportunity to contribute to Northumbrian Naturalist, a respected scientific journal, and our members’ magazine, North East Nature.
- Close involvement with a respected institution, first established in 1829.
- Involvement in a friendly community of like-minded individuals and the chance to learn from natural history experts.