North East Nature Books
Contribute your favourite North East nature books to inspire others and create a digital bookshelf of the region’s landscapes and wildlife.
Which books inspired you about the North East’s wildlife and landscapes?
We are passionate about the wildlife and landscapes of our region and love books that celebrate the unique nature of the North East.
We want to create a digital bookshelf of the best books that describe, celebrate and inspire wonder in North East nature. Fact or fiction, any book counts, and published poetry and local guide books are welcome too.
By sharing your favourite reads and celebrating the work of authors, poets and naturalists across the region, you’ll help inspire others to enjoy and learn about the natural world.
Which books can I nominate?
We’re looking for recommendations that inspire about the North East’s wildlife and landscapes. With so many to choose from please limit your suggestions to the following.
- Non-fiction books about North East nature.
- Fiction that celebrates the wildlife and landscapes of NE England.
- Tourism and site guides that introduce the wild spaces of our region.
- Field guides that cast a light on the North East’s wildlife.
- Regional publications by local clubs and organisations.
- Books on social history with strong ties to the natural world.
- National titles with specific passages on the North East.
Share your favourite reads
Share your favourite North East reads by answering the following question:
What is your favourite book that describes or celebrates the wildlife and natural environment within and across the North East, and why?
How to contribute
- Write a short review (no more than 500 words).
- Take a photo of the cover or an illustration or quote you like.
- Write a short bio to accompany your entry.
- Share your recommendations, bios & images with us at email@example.com or by using #NENatureBooks on social media.